Apply for Membership
Terms and Conditions
Interested person both Bangladeshi and foreigner’s at least 18 years old can apply for the membership of Bangladesh Environment and Development Society (BEDS) through online application. Membership will be decided by the Executive Committee of BEDS. Executive committee has absolute authority on the admission of members and the manner in which the selection to be carried out. After approval of the membership application, the applicant will pay prescribed membership fee. After that the applicant will get the confirmation as a member of BEDS.
- General members and lifetime members will have the rights of voting to form the executive committee besides nominating him/herself as a candidate (except for Founder and Advisor category) General members and lifetime members have to present in annual general meeting and have rights to work with the executive committee closely.
- Interested members can also participate in BEDS activities and provide their valuable expertise.
- If any member fails to deposit annual subscriptions fee for three consecutive years, his/her membership will automatically be canceled.
- If any member absents in annual general meetings for three consecutive years, his/her membership will automatically be canceled.
- If any member is involved with any activities against vision, mission and objectives of the organization, his/her membership will automatically be canceled.
- If any member do activities against Government law, his/her membership will be canceled.
- If any member is dead or becomes insane, his/her membership will be canceled.
- If any existing member of the executive committee resigns, died, mad or became culprit declared by the court then the remaining committee members can nominate a new member. It needs to be mentioned that if half of the existing executive committee members resign, there is necessity to form a new committee by holding a general meeting rather cope basis.
- Written application should be submitted with specific detailed clarification to the executive committee.
- Executive committee will inform black and white to the applied member after discussion and review of the application.
- All rejected or canceled membership will be regain as per executive committee decision.
- The organization is mainly operated by member’s subscription so the membership fees are divided by rank of members
|Member Category||Registration Fee (one time)||Annual Subscription|
|General Member||Tk. 500||US$ 15||Tk. 5000||US$ 200|
|Donor Member||Tk. 500||US$ 15||Tk. 100000||US$ 2000|
|Life Member (one time)||Tk. 500||US$ 15||Tk. 500000||US$ 10000|
General member must pay membership admission fees 500 BDT and yearly fees 5000 BDT
Individual or Organization who donates minimum BDT 100000 at a time for the development of the organization is considered as Donor Member but the time schedule for such Member is limited and valid up to the next three years. Donor Member does not need to pay the annually subscription fee.
Individual or Organization who donates minimum BDT 500000 at a time for the development of the organization is considered as Life Member. Life member does not need to pay the yearly fee.